The other major change was to the blog portion of my website. I had been using Jekyll, which worked well for my purposes. The problem was editing an existing template to integrate into my website's design (this wouldn't have been a problem if I was more experienced with web design or maybe just smarter). It had become kind of a mess for me and I wasn't happy with it. So I started looking for blog solutions.
I found org-static-blog and it does everything that I want:
- It is a package for Emacs (my favorite computer program).
- It uses org-mode files and familiar org-mode markup for posts.
- You can create an entry using a simple command from Emacs.
- It generates bare html that I can then completely integrate it into my site's design.
I am not an expert on any of this, but I really like finding the solutions to these problems that I invent.